Licensed & Insured
• Credit Cards Accepted
• Quality Guarantee
• Satisfaction Guarantee
• References Provided
Contact Us Today!
Screened Porches, Decks & Patios
Wheeler Builders has over 75 years’ combined experience, with a long list of satisfied customers. As your licensed Residential Builder, we will manage all aspects of your porch, deck or patio project, from concrete foundations to framing, roofing and electrical work, providing our clients with the satisfaction of a single point of contact to manage the project. We believe in excellence and integrity and this is expressed in our attention to detail and our determination to bring our clients the highest quality workmanship at competitive prices.
(click to expand)
- Overall Design
- Specific considerations for your screen porch and/or deck include size, function and materials. Additional considerations include location and shade, landscaping modifications, and entrance ways. How will you access your yard? Will the deck be in a shaded area, or will you want an arbor to provide additional shade? How will installing a screen porch and/or deck alter your existing landscaping, accent lighting, or sprinkler system?
- Tie-In to Existing Roof
- Your new screened porch will connect to the existing home in some fashion. In order to maintain aesthetic harmony it is often best to choose a roof design for the screened porch that is similar to the home. Design elements of your screen porch should be carefully considered as to limit the effects on natural lighting within the home’s interior space. During our consultation with you we will discuss these details with you.
- Both budget and practicality come to play here. Consider how the space will be used. For example, will the screen porch and/or deck be used strictly for family, or will you be hosting parties and events? How much furniture will fill the space? Will there be enough walkway around furniture, with a clear path to your exits? Your screen porch and/or deck should fit comfortably in proportion to the backyard footprint and should complement the homes overall aesthetic. Finally, size is a significant cost driver. We will work with you do determine a realistic budget, and maximize what you will receive for your investment.
- Interior Design Style
- Once the structural style of the roof has been determined we can consider interior appearances. For Example, some ceilings are vaulted and open while others are closed with a lower elevation like a traditional room in your home. Rafters can be exposed or hidden based on your taste. Elegant bead board or tongue and groove wood planks can be added to either design and may be complimented with a knee-wall. Materials can be stained or painted to add the final finishing touches. Skylights can be installed to provide for natural lighting. This can have a dramatic effect and can help restore light to an interior room whose window was incorporated into the screened porch structure.
- Electrical Requirements
- How do you plan to use your screen porch or deck? It is important to consider provisions for your electrical needs now. Will you want a ceiling fan, interior lighting? Due to the changing footprint of your back yard the screened porch structure brings, you may wish to add additional flood lighting for your yard. Will you need electrical receptacles to power toys, televisions, outdoor low voltage accent lighting or portable electronics?
- Deck Amenities
- An often overlooked step in planning a deck is to consider provisions for your electrical and other needs now. Due to the changing footprint of your back yard the deck structure brings, you may wish to add additional outdoor electrical receptacles or water spigots. Will you be grilling on your deck? Plumbing a gas line to supply your grill affords convenience and can save you tremendously on the cost of propane tank refills.
- Quality Materials
- The materials chosen to construct your new deck or screened porch make a big difference with respect to price and ambiance. Material choices should harmonize with the surroundings and the existing home. Another crucial point to consider is long term maintenance. Materials such as vinyl railings do not add substantial cost upfront, and prevent ongoing costs associated with painting. Sealing your deck with quality wood stains will help prevent discoloration and only need to be reapplied every several years (which can be easily done by the home owner) to maintain color and beauty. After your consultation with us, you will have a level of comfort no matter the material choice.